Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Covid-19 PCR Testing
1. Booking and restrictions:
The online booking form must be completed in full by the individual taking the test unless the form is being completed by a parent or guardian. You must be at least 16 years of age to provide a sample without parental consent. All samples provided from a client under the age of 16 must provide parental or guardian consent on the online booking form. The swab or saliva sample that you supply must be your own and cannot under any circumstances be supplied by anyone other than the individual registered to take the test. If you are using our mobile service, proof of identity will be required at your appointment with Clinicare UK. Accepted documents for proof of identity are a passport or driving licence. Failure to adhere to these instructions will result in the sample being refused, delayed, or testing to be cancelled of which no refund will be provided.
2. Appointments and sample processing:
Self-Test – It is the customers responsibility to follow the postal instructions within the sample testing kits carefully and to send their samples to the address provided on the pre-printed postal sticker on the same day as test completion. Clinicare UK are not liable for any postal delay resulting in the failure or delay in the customer receiving a testing kit from us, or the delay in receiving their test results.
Mobile Clinician Performed - Samples will be delivered to the testing laboratory on the same day as the sample collection. If the test is for travel purposes, it is the responsibility of the individual customer to ensure that the appointment for sample collection leaves sufficient time for analysis prior to travel (usually 48/72/96hrs pre-flight, depending upon destination). Please check the latest Covid-19 guidelines for your travel destination via the government website before booking your test.
Clinicare UK and its contractors will make every reasonable endeavour to analyse your sample and to provide you with a results report within the advertised time frame. It may not be possible to analyse the sample provided due to several factors including (but not limited to) – insufficient sample collected, contaminated sample, incorrect packaging of the sample, laboratory assessment of sample provided, laboratory process failure, human error. In any of these circumstances – Clincare UK will not be held liable for any loss or costs associated with re-test or delay to travel, or costs incurred for rescheduling of any travel arrangements, or for any restrictions related to quarantine. The sample will be analysed in a suitably accredited / approved laboratory to ISO15189 or similar.
4. Results Delivery:
Following receipt of your sample at the laboratory, we aim to provide your results within 24/48 hours. We may deliver your results earlier than the time indicated within this document. Delivery dates for test results are approximate only and Clinicare UK will not be held liable for any delay in delivery. If at any time Clinicare UK is prevented or hindered from carrying out its obligations under this Agreement for reasons beyond its control, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of Clinicare UK or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, human error, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors, including shortage of supplies from suppliers required by Clinicare UK to perform the Covid-19 PCR test, it shall notify the customer accordingly where possible and, Clinicare UK’s obligation under this Agreement shall be suspended until the obligations can be performed.
This screening kit should be used for initial screening purposes as a convenient and confidential way of getting tested quickly for Covid-19 SARS-CoV-2 infection. The results are not intended to replace medical advice, nor should they be used as a full diagnosis, or to prescribe medication without consulting an appropriate medical professional. Laboratory testing will always have a small degree of variability.
Clinicare Uk will only offer a refund against the Covid-19 PCR testing service in the following circumstances:
• If an existing appointment cannot be rescheduled due to no appointment availability the customer may request a refund minus the deposit fee which is included in the full cost of the test.
• If Clinicare UK fail to attend a scheduled appointment without prior communication with the customer, a full refund will be provided.
• If Clinicare UK reschedule an appointment and the appointment day and time are not acceptable to the customer, a full refund will be given.
Clinicare UK will NOT offer a refund against the PCR testing service in the following circumstances:
• Information provided and sample collection: If you have not undertaken the test in accordance with the user instructions, or have failed to complete the online booking form correctly, we may not be able to process your sample; should this occur, we may not be able to provide you the test result and no refund will be given.
• Fraudulent information and sample collection: Any form of fraudulent online booking form submission or sample provision will result in a void test and no refund will be given.
• Covid-19 PCR tests for travel purposes: Clinicare UK take no responsibility for checking the requirements and legislations needed for travel to your destination. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the test is performed within the destination’s designated time frame. No refund will be given if the appointment has been made outside of the designated time frame for travel.
• Missed appointments: If the customer is not available at the booked appointment time and has not contacted Clinicare UK to reschedule, the test cannot be performed and no refund will be given.
• Positive or Failed test results: Should you receive a Positive or Failed/Inconclusive Covid-19 test result which impacts any travel plans or quarantine time. Clinicare UK are not liable for any charges the customer may face from third party travel arrangements due to the customer receiving a Positive or Failed/Inconclusive test.
7. Rescheduling of appointments:
• The customer may reschedule their appointment time and date to another available time and date. If the appointment cannot be rescheduled due to no availability of appointments, the customer may request a refund minus the deposit fee which is included in the full cost of the test.
• Clinicare UK reserve the right to reschedule an appointment at their discretion.
Nothing in these terms or conditions excludes the liability of Clinicare UK as follows: - 1) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or 2) under section 2 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or 3) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or 4) by the conditions implied under section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or 5) by the conditions implied under section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Clinicare UK shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any claims for indirect compensation whatsoever, which may arise out of, or in connection with, the use of the goods or services provided. Clinicare UK’s total liability in contract, tort, misrepresentation or otherwise; arising in connection with the performance of these conditions, shall be limited to losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms and conditions only.